Prior’s Field Sixth Form encourages girls to take responsibility for themselves, their learning and development, so they become confident young women. Our sixth formers take the lead in all elements of school life. As prefects, school mentors, House and sports captains; sixth formers learn to lead, manage and inspire younger girls. We offer a wide range of A Level subjects as well a Diploma in Food Science and Nutrition and a BTEC in Music Technology.
At a time when A levels are undergoing a period of change, we offer an enviably bespoke package. Most girls will study three subjects for the two years with an increasing number adding an EPQ. Smaller groups and tutorial style teaching allow for informed discussion and individual attention, as well as providing vital preparation for university.
The Sixth Form House is a lively, vibrant place where our students have a voice. Our young adults are given considerable freedom to organise their own lives whilst retaining the support and guidance of an excellent team of tutors and House staff.
Sixth Form personal tutors offer guidance, advice and encouragement throughout the two years. Girls meet their tutors daily in groups and individually; they speak openly about their progress and discuss targets and plans to achieve them.
• 26 Subjects available
• Drop-in and Workshop schedule
• Pastoral Support: tutor system and boarding team
• Enrichment Opportunities: university taster days, visiting lecturers
• National initiatives and competitions
• Detailed and regular internal assessments
• Detailed and regular feedback to Parents and Students
• Lecture Programme and PSHEE
• UCAS/Higher Ed Preparation: research, personal statements, tutor references
• Preparation for apprenticeships and the world of work
• Careers advice and CV/ interview training
• Leadership opportunities and charity work
• Young Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
• Event Management opportunities and presentation skills
• Investor and Marketing Challenges